- 6 Oz Fresh Blueberries
- 4 Oz Granulated Sugar
- 2-3 Tsp Lime Juice Fresh
- 1.5 Oz Egg Yolks
- 1.25 Oz Unsalted Butter
- In a medium saucepan mix the blueberries, sugar, and lime juice.
- Bring to a soft boil, cover the pot, and cook on low heat for 6-7 minutes.
- Press cooked blueberry mixture through a fine-mesh strainer.
- Place strained berries in a double boiler and mix in the egg yolks.
- Cook the mixture until it thickens approximately 190°F. The mixture should coat the sides of the bowl.
- Remove from the heat and when the mixture reaches 120°F, add pieces of cold butter, and blending until it has a velvety texture.